Saturday, March 10, 2012

Seeing Wisconsin

Note: My apologies, this is another lazy post.  15 hours on the road yesterday and another trip today means very little time to write anything extensive. Hopefully by this time next week I'll have a party invite I can send out to all of you with location, timing, reasons to come, etc.


After 8 weeks here and only a few weeks left I wanted to try to quantify exactly how many miles I had spent on the road with Gov. Thompson.  At last count it falls somewhere between 2800 and 3000.  That is a hell of a lot of time in the car.  I've been tracking cities for another (unrelated) reason, so below is what you get when you plug all of them in.  


Lake Superior.  Seriously, we were that far north.
As I've said before, I've had the opportunity to meet a lot of awesome people and had a chance to learn a lot.  Maybe someday I'll put something up about it what exactly it is we do on the road, but not tonight.  Instead I'll let you look at the map while I catch some sleep before we get on the road again tomorrow.  In the meantime just know that the point at the northern part of the map is really frigging far up there (5 hour trip, one way) and there is NOTHING up there aside from some really good people, a lot of snow (still), a lot of trees and a bunch of snowmobiles (seriously, they're everywhere, it's amazing.  They use them for daily commutes, errands, etc.  Biggest disappointment of my time in Wisconsin - no snowmobiling).



View Campaign Stops in a larger map


Hope you enjoyed it.


J

No comments:

Post a Comment