Sunday, March 18, 2012

10 reasons you should come party on April 20th

Background - Bryan and Jacob put a bug in my ear about having a party before I left.  This is the result of those discussions.  It'll be April 20th from 7:00 PM until whenever we go home at Uptown Pub (3605 McKinney Avenue  Dallas, TX 75204).  


If you're reading this, you're invited.  Show up.  No need to bring anything but yourself and some friends.


April 20th.
Uptown Pub.
7:00 PM.

Now the fun part - 
10 reasons you should come party on April 20th:

10. It will be a good chance to see everyone you haven't seen in awhile.

9. You get a chance to go to Uptown Pub - seriously overlooked and overshadowed by all the douch-y bars nearby.  But it's not douch-y.  Just surrounded by douche.

8. You can do shots again, several of them, and not feel guilty.  You're just helping me train for Georgian Supras (all night drinking / social gatherings)

7. We can go to the loon afterwards and laugh at SMU undergrads (and maybe a few grad students too).  

6. You can ask fun questions about Georgian language and culture and what I'll be doing and blah blah blah blah - I know you quit listening.

5. Cougars tend to prowl around Uptown, especially Lemmon bar.  I'm not saying you're interested . . . but they probably are.

4. You can make all kinds of jokes about me going to Georgia the state (Chik fil A, sweet Tea, Deliverance, Sherman's march to the sea) instead of Georgia the country.

3. You can tell me how you really feel and NEVER have to see me again.  Seriously - Love, hate, spite - its all fair game. 
(except for you, Mom and Dad - save it for dinner the next night).

2. You can tell the stories I swore you to secrecy about.  Just know that Stalin was from Georgia, so I may learn a thing or two and come back for you.

And the number one reason you should come to the party on April 20th at Uptown Pub is . . . 

You're 26-29 years old.  You may or may not be married.  You may or may not have a kid.  You may or may not need an excuse to drink and get out of the house AND you can still be home by a reasonable hour so you can wake up the next morning and clean the garage or plant flowers or whatever it is grownups are supposed to do.  Just come say hi and have a drink.


(read #1 and realized it made me sound old.  Shit.)


In all seriousness - I would love to see everyone that could make it.


April 20th.  Uptown Pub. 7:00 PM




No comments:

Post a Comment